GOVERNMENT OF ARUNACHAL PRADESH
SECRETARIAT :: RURAL WORKS DEPARTMENT
ITANAGAR – 791 111
The Executive Engineer
Rural Works Division
Tawang, Singchung, Seppa, Pasighat, Aalo, Yingkiong, Tezu,
Khonsa (DPIU-I & II), Ziro, Poma, Daporijo, Laaying-Yangte(Camp-Ziro)
SUB:- PREPARATION OF WORKING ESTIMATE FOR ACCORD OF TECHNICAL SANCTION OF PMGSY PHASE-VII ROAD WORKS - Reg.
The Ministry of Rural Development, Govt. of India has cleared the PMGSY Phase-VII proposals with certain modifications. The working estimate to accord Technical Sanction has to be prepared and submitted as per schedule finalized by the State Govt.
2. As per the PMGSY manual the Technical Sanction is necessary prior to tendering and award of work for execution. Therefore the working estimate and drawing of Phase-VII road works has to be prepared after rechecking the Bill of Quantities (BoQ) and estimates as per Detailed Project Report.
3. Working estimate should be prepared as per ground realities and based on adequate field /hydraulic data collected during field survey & investigation in order to avoid future complicacy during execution. The working estimate invariably should incorporate the following information ;
a. Key map indicating the general layout of the roads, takeoff & terminating point, habitations to be covered by the proposed road, all obligatory points, the nearest important road, major & minor river etc.
b. Road plan indicating curves, takeoff & terminating point, location of CDs, habitations, road furniture, protection work, drainage, passing place and all obligatory points etc. Survey may be re-conducted wherever necessary to ascertain the same.
c. Actual Cross Section and Long Section should be shown as per the actual alignment. The CS should be measured with high accuracy. A register to this effect also should be maintained chainage-wise supported by graph sheet duly verified by the Executive Engineer.
d. Design of culverts & bridges with required drawings of stream/river sections as per RRM. High Flood Level (HFL), Low Water Level (LWL), Road Top Level (RTL) also need to be shown clearly in the drawing. Plan & section of all structure like CD, retaining/breast wall, side drain, bridge etc. should be furnished including reinforcement details of the structure (wherever applicable).
e. Cost estimates with details of measurement.
f. Geometrical and pavement design (BT road only) to be incorporated in the estimate.
g. All the drawing must be prepared neatly in A3 size paper with appropriate scale to form Vol-II of the estimate.
h. Theoretical consumption statement should be incorporated.
i. The history sheet should be prepared with comprehensive approach depicting all relevant points & background information.
j. The rate of SoR‘2007 as considered for preparing DPR including the enhanced cost for cement and bitumen included in the revised cost may only be adopted in framing the working estimate.
4. It is worth mentioning here that, such important schemes always should be prepared with due importance & in lucid manner. The estimate in Vol-I should properly be bounded in book form to make it presentable and durable.
5. The time frame for various activities as decided by the Govt. for phase-VII proposals are as follows ;
Sl. No. De_Scription of activities Time schedule Remarks
1 Submission Working estimate for technical sanction to Chief Engineer.
Within 25th August,2008
2 Floating of tenders by EEs/PIUs.
Within 10th September,2008
3 Evaluation of tenders and submission of recommendations by Chairman, Tender Evaluation Committee to Chief Engineer.
Within 15th October,2008
4 Acceptance of tenders. Within 30th October,2008
5 Award of work and signing of agreement by the Executive Engineers/PIUs Within 5th November,2008
6. It is therefore requested to frame the detail estimate considering all the above aspects supported by complete details, working drawings & calculations of design where necessary. The estimates if not world funny pictures found in conformity to the above, will not be accepted. The estimate should be submitted to the office of the Chief Engineer through Superintending Engineer and ensure that it is properly prepared. A list of the approved road works of your division is enclosed herewith.
( G. Koyu )
Memo # RWD/PMGSY/109/2007-08) Dated 4th August,2008.
Copy to :-
1. PS to Hon’ble Minister, Rural Works Department, Itanagar.
2. The Chief Engineer, Rural Works Department, Itanagar for information and necessary action.
3. The Chief Executive Officer, ARRDA, Rural Works Department, Itanagar for information and necessary action.
3. The Superintending Engineer, RWC, Rupa, Miao, Pasighat & Itanagar for information and necessary action.
4. Office copy.
( G. Koyu )