GOVERNMENT OF ARUNACHAL PRADESH<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
OFFICE OF THE CHIEF ENGINEER :: RURAL WORKS DEPARTMENT
‘C’ SECTOR :: ITANAGAR – 791 111
<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" />
Dated <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />16th April, 2008
' 0360 – 2212 186 (Off)
0360 – – 2212 525 (Off)
0360 – – 2212 756 (Fax)
The Superintending Engineer,
Rural Works Circle,
SUB : NON-COMPLETION OF THE PHASE-IV ROAD WORKS AND MEETING WITH THE DEFAULTER CONTRACTORS - Reg
Please refer the decision taken in the 5th March,2008 review meeting at Itanagar on strict monitoring of the ongoing phase-IV road works and their completion within a month or two. Out of sixty four road works in whole State twenty three are yet to be completed. This is a serious issue. All these road works have not been completed despite time overrun for more than a year. You have also been asked in the last review meeting to fortnightly monitor the progress of these road works and speedup the execution for completion within December,2007 as per the extended deadline, but no substantial progress made even by end of February,2008. We had also issued reminders to the respective Executive Engineers to speed up the work and complete within the revised deadline but no positive effect is reported.
2. As per the standard bidding document the contractor shall pay liquidated damages @ of 1% of the contract price if the contractor fails to achieve milestones as per the work programme. Further delay in completion without any compensation event will lead to the breach of contract. This delay is also causing loss to the State for getting further road works from Govt. of India. In case the aforesaid road works are not completed within a period of one /two months action should be initiated as per the provisions in the agreement. This is a serious concern and your personal attention is necessary to complete the road works as per specification and quality.
3. You are requested to convene a meeting of all the defaulter contractors under your circle within a fortnight and review the progress meticulously as per the work programme. The contractors should specifically be asked to complete the road works within a month or two positively and all the issues related to delay in completion should properly be addressed. A detailed note on the review should be forwarded to this office within 5th May,2008.
( T. Welly )
Memo # RWD/PMGSY/18/2005-06(Pt) Dated 16th April, 2008
Copy to :-
1. PS to Hon’ble Minister, RWD, Govt. of Arunachal Pradesh, Itanagar.
2. Commissioner, RWD, Govt. of Arunachal Pradesh, Itanagar.
3. Executive Engineer, Tawang, Singchung, Seppa, Yingkiong, Pasighat, Aalo, Itanagar, Ziro, Laaying-Yangte, Tezu, Roing, Changlang, Khonsa-I & II for information and necessary action.
4. Office copy.
( T. Welly )